www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/1638: GIF images on the order of 80KB to 120KB fail to download properly
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 06:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1638; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Brad Zoltick <brad@codon.nih.gov>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/1638: GIF images on the order of 80KB to 120KB fail to download properly
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 23:14:34 -0700 (MST)

 On 8 Jan 1998, Brad Zoltick wrote:

 > With all versions of Apache 1.2.x under IRIX 6.2 (an Iris R4400 Indigo
 > serving as a multi-homed webserver for my institute), GIF images larger than
 > say 76KB sometimes fail to download completely.  Setting the various
 > keepalives settings solved the problem on some clients
 >                 KeepAlive On
 >                 MaxKeepAliveRequests 0

 What exactly do you mean by fail to download completely?

 If you take an image and just access it directly, ie. not from a IMG SRC
 in a page, does it still have the problem?

 Does it not finish downloading or is it possible that it is just corrupt?
 Try saving to disk and comparing the two in size and content.  There are
 known bogons on IRIX 6.2 that completely mess up the damn networking.

 More comments later...