www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brad Zoltick <b...@codon.nih.gov>
Subject general/1638: GIF images on the order of 80KB to 120KB fail to download properly
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 05:25:57 GMT

>Number:         1638
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       GIF images on the order of 80KB to 120KB fail to download properly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
With all versions of Apache 1.2.x under IRIX 6.2 (an Iris R4400 Indigo
serving as a multi-homed webserver for my institute), GIF images larger than
say 76KB sometimes fail to download completely.  Setting the various
keepalives settings solved the problem on some clients
                KeepAlive On
                MaxKeepAliveRequests 0

But still under MSIE 3.02 Win95 clients, images sometimes fail to download
completely. The problem occurs only under a fast (ethernet) connection.
Under a dialup connection, images download properly.  The problem is present
on all our MSIE 3.02 clients.
The URL for the institute is http://intra.ninds.nih.gov