www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Robin Syllwasschy <ro...@aed-graphics.de>
Subject os-windows/1623: Buffering of script output is not switched off
Date Mon, 05 Jan 1998 10:08:58 GMT

>Number:         1623
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Buffering of script output is not switched off
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Although the documentation says in the FAQ(No,33:nph-scripts)
 that all cgi-scripts should now be unbuffered I can`t turn off buffering
on Win 95 using Apache1.3b3.

A script working correctly with Apache 1.2.4 under Unix (named nph-err.pl)
does not deliver anything of its output until it is all completed.

>How-To-Repeat:
Any Perl script performing a delayed count-down should do.
>Fix:
Turn bufferung off when names start with "nph-" or introduce
another switch in srm.conf (??%2