www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pat Beaven <r...@gate.safehaven.net>
Subject mod_include/1620: enabled SSI AND CANT OPEN A FILE FOR OUTPUT YET I CAN FOR INPUT..WITH PERL
Date Sat, 03 Jan 1998 19:39:00 GMT

>Number:         1620
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       enabled SSI AND CANT OPEN A FILE FOR OUTPUT YET I CAN FOR INPUT..WITH
PERL
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
have enabled ssi and tested with a simple printenv program...but will not
run a simple counter that works fine under the shell enviroment. but not throught
the web server... the program opens a file reads the contents then increments by
1 and then opens the file again and writes the incremented value to the file
the error in the error_log says cant open file on line 16 of program
and line 16 is the line where it opens the file for output ...
Note this program works fine from any standard shell environment...is there
something i have misconfigured in one of the .conf files...Please help
>How-To-Repeat:
can send the simple counter if you give me address..
It wont let me open a file for out put yet
works fine under a standard shell? enviroment..
>Fix:
my just that i havent enabled something in the access.conf or srm.conf
but not sure i have checked everything  several times..