www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/1616: Server can not strip $ and ? in the same URL
Date Fri, 02 Jan 1998 20:54:20 GMT
Synopsis: Server can not strip $ and ? in the same URL

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Fri Jan  2 12:54:20 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Erm... I'm not sure I understand exactly what you think
Apache should be doing.  Why do you think it should do
anything special with the '$'?  Please read the CGI
spec at http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/ ; just because
some other server has decided to do something different
than the CGI spec is no reason for Apache to make up odd
conventions.

Unless you can provide some reason why Apache should do anything
special with the '$' sign (and the fact that some other
server may isn't enough), I'm afraid I can see nothing wrong
with what Apache does.