www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-next/1613: can't compile
Date Fri, 02 Jan 1998 19:40:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-next/1613; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Severson_Keith_E@sssd.navy.mil
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-next/1613: can't compile
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 11:39:10 -0800 (PST)

 On Fri, 2 Jan 1998 Severson_Keith_E@sssd.navy.mil wrote:

 > <fixed></fixed>keith@intrepid: touch aaa.c
 >
 > keith@intrepid: cc -E -dM aaa.c
 >
 > #1 "aaa.c"

 Wow, that's completely different from any gcc I've ever used, well at
 least for all the 2.7 and later versions (on linux, solaris, and IRIX).  I
 get stuff like this:

 % gcc -E -dM aaa.c
 #define __linux__ 1
 #define linux 1
 #define __i386__ 1
 #define __i386 1
 #define __GNUC_MINOR__ 7
 #define i386 1
 #define __unix 1
 #define __unix__ 1
 #define __GNUC__ 2
 #define __linux 1
 #define __ELF__ 1
 #define unix 1

 > keith@intrepid:
 >

 > keith@intrepid: cat specs

 This looks like NeXT has really done a lot of crud to gcc to make it
 behave like something else, I'm not sure what.  They've done it in a way
 that I'm not sure how to detect -- in particular I'm concerned that if we
 were to put a test for NEXT into that section of conf.h we'd screw the
 people who have built their own gcc for next.  But I suppose we have to do
 that.

 Hmm.

 Dean