www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-next/1613: can't compile
Date Fri, 02 Jan 1998 18:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-next/1613; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Severson_Keith_E@sssd.navy.mil
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-next/1613: can't compile
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 10:25:19 -0800 (PST)

 Oh interesting.

 Well it looks like it's complaining about this:

 static void __attribute__((noreturn)) clean_child_exit(int code)

 Given that is valid gcc I'm not sure what to do.  Perhaps their default cc
 insists on adding -pedantic or -ansi to the command lines, yet still
 defines macros like __GNUC__.  In which case I would say it is broken.
 You're going to have to do a little legwork I think to help figure this
 one out.  The specific definitions in main/conf.h that check gcc look like
 this:

 /* So that we can use inline on some critical functions, and use
  * GNUC attributes (such as to get -Wall warnings for printf-like
  * functions).  Only do this in gcc 2.7 or later ... it may work
  * on earlier stuff, but why chance it.
  */
 #if !defined(__GNUC__) || __GNUC__ < 2 || __GNUC_MINOR__ < 7
 #define ap_inline
 #define __attribute__(__x)
 #else
 #define ap_inline __inline__