www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steven Filling <ste...@panoptic.csustan.edu>
Subject Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not ex
Date Fri, 02 Jan 1998 06:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-linux/1612; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Steven Filling <steven@panoptic.csustan.edu>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not ex
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 22:09:51 -0800 (PST)

 On 02-Jan-98 Dean Gaudet extemporized:
 > I'd say wait for 1.3b4, I made a few changes in this area... and you
 > should probably upgrade to glibc 2.0.6.  I've actually been able to get
 > it
 > to compile and run on an alpha redhat 5.0 system without any extra
 > tweaks.
 > But the system wasn't put together by me so it's possible the owner
 > already made some suggested tweak.=20
 >=20
 > If you're brave you can edit the src/main/conf.h file, find the LINUX
 > section and hardcode the NET_SIZE_T define to socklen_t instead of
 > size_t.

 Dean -

 thanks for the lightning response!  I altered conf.h [fixed the
 http_main.c item per the above], and altered http_config.c line 878 to:
  int offset =3D (int) (long) cmd->info;
                              ^^  added

 This eliminates the warning messages, and seems to get things a bit
 further along, as now when I attempt to start httpd I get the following
 message in error_log:
 [crit] (45)Operation not supported: setsockopt: (SO_REUSEADDR)

 I'll post a message at axp-list.redhat.com as well.

 thanks again
 S.
 Steven Filling