www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_userdir/1602: UserDir directives within VirtualHost's appear to be ignored. (fwd)
Date Mon, 29 Dec 1997 20:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_userdir/1602; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_userdir/1602: UserDir directives within VirtualHost's appear to be ignored.
(fwd)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 13:05:57 -0700 (MST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 13:43:03 -0600
 From: Steve Ulrich <sulrich@geeks.org>
 To: marc@hyperreal.org
 Subject: Re: mod_userdir/1602: UserDir directives within VirtualHost's appear to be ignored.

 on Monday, Dec 29, 1997, marc@hyperreal.org bled into his/her mail spool:
 > Synopsis: UserDir directives within VirtualHost's appear to be ignored.
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
 > State-Changed-By: marc
 > State-Changed-When: Mon Dec 29 10:44:50 PST 1997
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > It works fine for me.  Are you sure you have read the docs
 > about the changes in vhosts in 1.3
 > (see http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/), in specific
 > the NameVirtualHost if you are using non-IP based
 > virtual hosts?
 >
 > I think this is more an issue of the vhosts not being
 > correcctly configured for 1.3 than anything to do with
 > the UserDir directive.

 Right, you are.  I reconfigure the server to use the NameVirtualHost
 and entered the IP addresses in and voila it worketh.  Thanks for
 the response to this. Nothing like reading the manual, eh?

 Question. What were the reasons for overhauling the vhosts section
 in the fashion that it's been done for 1.3?  I'm not entirely clear
 on what this new arrangement buys us.

 --
 later...

 Steve Ulrich                           http://www.visi.com/~sulrich/
 sulrich@geeks.org                  Misc Info:finger sulrich@visi.com
 Random Quote - Hackers have kernel knowledge.