www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steve Ulrich <sulr...@geeks.org>
Subject mod_userdir/1602: UserDir directives within VirtualHost's appear to be ignored.
Date Sun, 28 Dec 1997 04:26:30 GMT

>Number:         1602
>Category:       mod_userdir
>Synopsis:       UserDir directives within VirtualHost's appear to be ignored.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I will configure a virtual host as dev.blah.com and the release host as
www.blah.com.

No default UserDir directive is in the srm.conf and the UserDir directives are
in the httpd.conf as follows.

<VirtualHost dev.blah.com>
UserDir dev_www
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.blah.com>
UserDir rel_www
</VirtualHost>

Under 1.2.4 behaviour is as expected. From dev.blah.com/~username/blah.html
we see the content that we expect to see. From www.blah.com/~username/blah.html
we see the content that we expect to see.  However, under Apache 1.3b3 UserDir
directives within the VirtualHost block appear to be ignored, instead the
overall "system" UserDir directive is applied and things don't work as expected.
If there is no "system" UserDir directive it defaults to the compiled value of
public_html.  Durned annoying.
>How-To-Repeat:
I have reverted to Apache 1.2.4 for the time being. However, I would be happy
provide any additional information.
>Fix:
Hmmm, not yet