www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/1601: Authentication Header send from Perl or Shell-Scripts
Date Sat, 27 Dec 1997 23:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_auth-any/1601; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Wild Karl-Heinz <kwild@wicom.at>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_auth-any/1601: Authentication Header send from Perl or Shell-Scripts
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 16:30:21 -0700 (MST)

 On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, Wild Karl-Heinz wrote:

 > Sorry.
 >
 > The code example I've sent was the wrong part.
 > The real code is in perl:
 >
 >        print "HTTP/1.0 401 Authentification\n";
 >        print "WWW-Authenticate: Basic\n\n";
 >

 > If it isn't yours to look at the error, please let me
 > know.

 As I said, please read the CGI spec.  HTTP header codes are not accepted.
 They are not valid.  Apache rejects it because it should because it isn't
 valid.  If you want to send HTTP headers from CGIs you must use nph-
 scripts.

 On the other hand, just doing:

 	print "Status: 401 authentication required\n";
 	print "WWW-Authenticate: Basic\n\n";

 will probably do more like what you want.