www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die after keepalive-timeout
Date Thu, 18 Dec 1997 18:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/1190; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Eugene Crosser <crosser@average.org>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die after keepalive-timeout
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:34:54 -0800 (PST)

 Do you have any third party modules compiled in?

 Are you using IdentityCheck?

 Are you using the proxy module?

 1.3 includes a rewritten alarm system... so it may actually work.  But
 this is an odd problem I've never seen before.  Including on ultra 2, 2
 processor 2.5.1 systems under high load.  (In your original description
 you wrote "1300 hits/day" ... I think you mean a few orders magnitude
 more, right? :)  It's possible we still have a race condition which
 manifests itself only on solaris.

 Did you ever try doing kill -ALRM to one of the stuck keepalive children?
 Did it recover?

 Dean