www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Randy Wiemer <wie...@law.missouri.edu>
Subject Re: os-aix/1441: Apache stops responding - kill -TERM PID leads to zombie must reboot -Reply
Date Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-aix/1441; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Randy Wiemer <wiemer@law.missouri.edu>
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org,dgaudet@apache.org, dgaudet@hyperreal.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-aix/1441: Apache stops responding - kill -TERM PID
	leads to zombie must reboot -Reply
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 11:27:03 -0600

 IBM provided us with an EFIX to replace an earlier EFIX that was applied
 because our SP2 node was locking-up running Oracle. The EFIX replaced  two AIX
 4.2.1 files:

 -r-xr-xr-x   1 root system   2691098 Nov 16 11:43 /usr/lib/boot/unix_mp
 -r-xr-xr-x   1 root system    152748 Nov 22 15:27 /usr/lib/drivers/netinet

 The author of the EFIX theorized that the cause was timing related and that we
 didn't experience the problem on AIX 4.2.0 because it manifested itself only
 when asynchronous events occured within a couple of instruction cycles of
 one-another.  IBM revealed that we were not the only customer experiencing the
 problem.

 Randy Wiemer
 University of Missouri

 >>> <dgaudet@hyperreal.org> 12/13/97 08:01pm >>>

 Synopsis: Apache stops responding - kill -TERM PID leads to zombie must reboot

 State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 State-Changed-By: dgaudet
 State-Changed-When: Sat Dec 13 18:01:45 PST 1997
 State-Changed-Why:
 When IBM gets back to you with any info please send it to us.

 Thanks
 Dean