www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jeffrey McNany <jmcn...@cc.state.az.us>
Subject other/1546: syntax error, line 158, compiling http_main.c
Date Thu, 11 Dec 1997 23:50:14 GMT

>Number:         1546
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       syntax error, line 158, compiling http_main.c
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This is a configuration problem, and YES, I know the web page said not to
submit them through here, but I sent an email and Brian Behlendorf asked me
to submit this as a bug.  I am trying to compile for a Sequent system, and
modified the Configure script and conf.h according to the PORTING guidelines.
Unfortunately, every time I run "make" I get the following errors:
$ make
        cc -c -Iregex  -O2 -D_SEQUENT_   alloc.c
        cc -c -Iregex  -O2 -D_SEQUENT_   http_main.c                            "
"http_main.c", line 158: syntax error, probably missing ",", ";" or "="         "
"http_main.c", line 158: cannot recover from previous errors                    *
*** Error code 1                                                                M
Make: .  Stop.                                                                  $
$
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I have looked through all your bug and error databases.  I found two
relevant PR #'s: In PR#195 you told the submitter that Apache has been
ported successfully to Sequent, but in PR#962 you reverse yourself and tell
the submitter that you had not ported to Sequent, but were willing to do so
if the submitter (who worked for Sequent) was willing to provide you access
to a Sequent machine.  If you have since completed the port, please provide the
necessary changes to the Configure and/or conf.h files.
%0