www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Kjell Krona \(krona@nada.kth.se\)" <kr...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: general/1509: Child processes becomes <defunct> after a couple of hours, server not responding
Date Tue, 09 Dec 1997 12:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1509; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kjell Krona (krona@nada.kth.se)" <krona@nada.kth.se>
To: Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org, dgaudet@arctic.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: general/1509: Child processes becomes <defunct> after a
 couple of hours, server not responding
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 13:12:34 +0200

 >Synopsis: Child processes becomes <defunct> after a couple of hours,
 >server not responding
 >
 >Please make sure that you have installed the latest
 >TCP patches from Sun.
 >Additionally you may want to try the lastest 1.3 beta
 >(but 1.2.4 is known to work with Solaris 2.5.1).

 >Is your ServerRoot on an NFS mounted filesystem?  If so use the LockFile
 >directive to point at a file not on NFS... like "LockFile
 >/var/tmp/htlock".
 >
 >Dean

 The last tip did the trick. It seems that apache does not take well to
 running on
 an afs system. After changing the location of the Lockfile it seems to work OK.
 I suggest that this should be added to the installation instructions, it
 would have
 saved me a week or two....

 	- kjell krona	krona@nada.kth.se