www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: mod_cern_meta/1500: mod_cern_meta corrupts memory pool
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 19:00:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_cern_meta/1500; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Joe Condon <joecondon@unn.unisys.com>
Cc: Roy Wood <roywood@unn.unisys.com>, apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_cern_meta/1500: mod_cern_meta corrupts memory pool
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 10:59:50 -0800 (PST)

 --0__=jHvwgRyGvCtXxWMwaLuVLoaIdwXBMTb1Ah3PTjwwo0vTfqlY4IlKTzDQ

 Which remote user id are you referring to?  The www authentication one, or
 one from IdentityCheck/rfc1413?  If you know the structure field name
 that'd be great.

 I strongly suspect this is not an apache bug.  You see, sub requests are
 used extensively by mod_dir (mod_autoindex in 1.3), and they're all
 destroyed in the same way that mod_cern_meta works.  In 1.3 we have
 exactly the debugging allocator you suggest, and I've been running it
 continuously on one of my machines for two or more months, without
 incident.  I don't use mod_cern_meta however.

 Dean

 --0__=jHvwgRyGvCtXxWMwaLuVLoaIdwXBMTb1Ah3PTjwwo0vTfqlY4IlKTzDQ--