www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From ronald klass <...@tencore.com>
Subject mod_headers/1517: Range header not recognized (???)
Date Thu, 04 Dec 1997 20:50:12 GMT

>Number:         1517
>Category:       mod_headers
>Synopsis:       Range header not recognized (???)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I cannot seem to get "Range" header to work. I am using same headers as in the
example in PR#1329. Using your server www.apache.org to test, I always get the
entire document. I also have same results on a version 1.2b7 server. Example:

Telnet to www.apache.org port 80, then:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.apache.org
Range: bytes=0-100

The entire document is returned.

Now my actual problem:
The same problem happens making a 1.0 request. This "hybrid" request works
fine on Microsoft and Netscape servers. I'm fairly certain it worked on at least
one of your Beta versions about a year ago...I'm sure I tested it (using
your server). Example:

GET / HTTP/1.0
Range: bytes=0-100

Again, the entire document is returned from your Apache server, version 1.3b3dev
and v1.2b7.