www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/1493: Problems with Location in access.conf (Server Status) (fwd)
Date Sun, 30 Nov 1997 23:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1493; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/1493: Problems with Location in access.conf (Server Status) (fwd)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 16:31:51 -0700 (MST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 15:31:13 -0800
 From: "Auteria Wally Winzer Jr." <wally.winzer@ChampUSA.COM>
 To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
 Subject: Re: general/1493: Problems with Location in access.conf (Server Status)

 Thanks.  Before I looked in the error_log file I modified httpd.conf by adding a
 user "www".  Then I created a group "www" using the same number as its PID
 (1062,1062).
 When I restarted httpd everything was fine.  When I looked in the httpd.conf
 file the group id was invalid (-1), so I changed it to 1062 before I restarted
 httpd.

 Everything is now up and running.  I want to thank you for your quick responses.

 I will definitely recommend to everyone I know to use Apache's httpd server.
 I put myself on the announcement list for any updates, etc.

 Thanks again.

 Wally Winzer Jr.