www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andrey Chernov <a...@nagual.pp.ru>
Subject os-freebsd/1495: kill -1 cause lots of SIGABRT in spawned childs due to freeing wrong memory
Date Sun, 30 Nov 1997 19:08:15 GMT

>Number:         1495
>Category:       os-freebsd
>Synopsis:       kill -1 cause lots of SIGABRT in spawned childs due to freeing wrong memory
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Each time I kill -1 Apache, my errors log is full of following messages
(one per each child):

[Sun Nov 30 21:52:59 1997] [notice] httpd: caught SIGABRT, attempting to dump co
re in /usr/local/etc/apache
Ouch!  Freeing free block
Ouch!  Freeing free block
Ouch!  Freeing free block
Ouch!  Freeing free block

It seems that it not affects Apache functionality, daemon looks running after
it and configured properly.

>How-To-Repeat:
Sorry don't have core file to give you exact location of wrong free() call...
>Fix:
This error appearse first time in 1.3* and it is not present in 1.2* versions,
so it is somewhere in newly added code...
%0