www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Gerrit GEENS <gge...@abis.be>
Subject general/1482: I cannot add a user in an existing password file
Date Tue, 25 Nov 1997 16:27:14 GMT

>Number:         1482
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       I cannot add a user in an existing password file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
It is possible to create a new password file with
'htpasswd -c test.pwd gerrit' and entering a password twice

When I try to add a user with 'htpasswd test.pwd kris'
he answers 'adding user kris' and gives me the possibility to enter
the password twice

After this he says 'Command cannot be executed a program or as a
batch program'. This is what one sees if one enters any command he does
not know. The user is not added.
>How-To-Repeat:
try:
  htpasswd -c test.pwd gerrit         + 2 times password
  htpasswd test.pwd kris              + 2 times password