www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Scott J.Ellentuch <t...@ttsg.com>
Subject general/1476: Logs in 2 places, weird cgi responses
Date Mon, 24 Nov 1997 22:56:11 GMT

>Number:         1476
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Logs in 2 places, weird cgi responses
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
A multitude of problems with a base server and 4 virtualhosts.
The base server is on an IP that is not associated with anything
There is a virtual host, with its own DocRoot, TransferLog, ErrorLog,
etc.  When I telnet www.crazies.com 80, and do GET /cgi-bin/monitor.pl
It runs and tells me the DocRoot of the main server. When I use
GET /cgi-bin/monitor.pl HTTP/1.0, it tells me the DocRoot of the main
server. When I use a browser, it tells me the DocRoot of the virtualhost.
It also is logging sometimes the hits of the virtualhost on the BASE access_log. Othertimes,
the virtualhost is giving 404 for files it does have.
>How-To-Repeat:
See above