www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From ako...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: protocol/1464: Response for Byte-Range containing whole file "Range: bytes=0-"
Date Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:36:50 GMT

Synopsis: Response for Byte-Range containing whole file "Range: bytes=0-"

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: akosut
State-Changed-When: Sun Nov 23 14:36:49 PST 1997
State-Changed-Why:
Although this is not technically a bug, we do agree that it is
an inconsistency in Apache's handling of byteranges. We are discussing
the matter, the behavior may change in the next release of Apache.

However, it should be pointed out that the HTTP/1.1 spec does
provide a way to check to see if a given entity (for a non-ranges request)
supports byteranges: the presence of an "Accept-Ranges" header. Most
servers that I know of do send this.