www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rich Shepard <richard.shep...@man.brite.co.uk>
Subject general/1444: File Trucated Making Java applet Fail
Date Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:08:33 GMT

>Number:         1444
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       File Trucated Making Java applet Fail
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When loading a java applet, the Java VM transfers each class file separately from the HTTPD
to the browser. This all seems to go OK up to a particular file called bvlCellPanel.class,
the first time this is transfered by the browser it seems to be transferred correctly, the
second time, the file is transferred shorter than it's actuall length. This is shown in the
access_log and causes the Java VM to fail the applet.
>How-To-Repeat:
If I can mail you the file you can try it out. If you just ask for the file directly the browser
will ask if you wish to save the file. If you do this twice to two different file names, I
found that despite the fact you asked for the same file, both copies were of a different length.
I can email you the file if you decide to look into the problem.