www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Randy Wiemer <wie...@law.missouri.edu>
Subject Re: os-aix/1441: Apache stops responding - kill -TERM PID leads to zombie must reboot -Reply -Reply
Date Fri, 21 Nov 1997 02:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-aix/1441; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Randy Wiemer <wiemer@law.missouri.edu>
To: marcs@znep.com
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-aix/1441: Apache stops responding - kill -TERM PID
	leads to zombie must reboot -Reply -Reply
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:05:46 -0600

 IBM took my httpd binary put it on one of their 4.2.1 machines and were able
 to kill the process without any problems.  We have fedexed them a tape backup
 of our root that they will install on one of their SMP machines to try to
 uncover the problem.

 I put both 1.2.0 and 1.2.4 on an AIX 4.2.0 RS6000 and got the same results
 during the make.  The infinite loop warning still troubles me.  I am installed
 gcc and will try with it.

 Randy