www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Sam Hulick <hul...@lucent.com>
Subject general/1435: Request for contact
Date Wed, 19 Nov 1997 21:48:13 GMT

>Number:         1435
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Request for contact
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I wasn't able to find a contact address on your page.  I work for Lucent
Technologies, and I'm in the process of trying to convince our department to
switch from Netscape Enterprise 3.0 to Apache.  I was curious about the commercial
support teams, since that's one issue Lucent will be concerned about.  They don't
want to hear that support isn't available for it.

Also, do you sell your server with a full license, etc.?  I'm afraid that perhaps
this company frowns upon free software--thinking that because it's free, it's
unstable and may not support mission-critical projects, so it may be better for
Lucent to purchase Apache (maybe Stronghold?).

If you have any tips on how to promote this, or any lists lying around that compare
Apache to other web servers, that would be great.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
-Sam Hulick
Lucent Technologies