www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Anthony Kwok <ak...@kdl.com.hk>
Subject config/1426: VirtualHost's DocumentRoot overwrite orginal DocumentRoot
Date Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:20:25 GMT

>Number:         1426
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       VirtualHost's DocumentRoot overwrite orginal DocumentRoot
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
My original web server is called www2.kdl.com.hk and I am trying to
use VirtualHost to support another company called idris.com.
It seems like the DocumentRoot declared under VirtualHost overwrites
the srm.conf's DocumentRoot. Therefore, when I try to go to
http://www2.kdl.com.hk/, I ended up getting into "idris.com" And my
question is: Can I have different DocumentRoots, one for www2.kdl.com.hk
and another one for idris.com ?

Include below is extracted from httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost idris.com>
ServerAdmin akwok@kdl.com.hk
DocumentRoot /usr/apache/htdocs/IDRIS
ServerName idris.com
ErrorLog logs/idris.com-error_log
TransferLog logs/idris.com-access_log
</VirtualHost>

And my srm.conf has set DocumentRoot to /usr/apache/htdocs