www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/1404: doesnt build due to BSD file name length restrictions
Date Sat, 15 Nov 1997 22:22:25 GMT

Synopsis: doesnt build due to BSD file name length restrictions

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Sat Nov 15 14:22:24 PST 1997
State-Changed-Why:
Since it appears this is just a warning, and things still
work fine (it appears on SunOS 4.x in some cases as well),
for now we will leave it as is.  There are four or so modules
total that are long enough to generate this; restricting
all modules to shorter lengths really would hurt
readability and add enough confusion that we would like to
avoid it if possible.

Thanks for the report.