www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Roy-Magne Mo <...@www.hivolda.no>
Subject config/1422: no configuration directive for lockfile in configuration
Date Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:34:59 GMT

>Number:         1422
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       no configuration directive for lockfile in configuration
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
[Sat Nov 15 22:09:34 1997] [emerg] (2)No such file or directory: Cannot open lock file: /etc/httpd/apache/logs/accept.lock.14241

There is no configuration directive for where apache should but it's lock-files in 1.3b2.

Since this error AFAIK wasn't posted as a bug, I thought you should make a note of it.

Best regards - thank's for you wonderful job.
>How-To-Repeat:
Starting httpd with 'httpd -d /some/directory'
where /some/directory/logs isn't the directory
where you want to put your lock-files
>Fix:
Mine fix were to link in the logs to the documentroot. But i would prefer having
these files in /var/lock.

I believe a directive in httpd.conf and possibly support for the directive in the source would
suffice