www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject mod_log-any/1396
Date Wed, 12 Nov 1997 01:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_log-any/1396; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: mod_log-any/1396
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 18:07:46 -0700 (MST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 16:31:21 -0800
 From: Steve Resnick <steve@ducksfeet.com>
 To: marc@hyperreal.org, apbugs@hyperreal.org
 Subject: Re: Logging to a pipe causes server to stop serving documents

 Marc,

 There is one transferlog statement which is outside any virtual host
 definition; There should only be one invocation of the program.

 There is nothing in the error log.

 This is the same problem I posted to Usenet last week and mailed to you
 twice.

 I never did receive any e-mail on this and had to go back to the Apache
 site to get the report below.

 I don't suspect problems with my e-mail (I receive tons of it daily)
 however, if you have tried to respond to me, and that did not work,
 steve@iptopia.net, steve@netlynx.com, and steve@iptopia.com also work.

 As a web hosting provider I need the ability to make log file data available
 to my customers. I need to do this in a secure fashion. If this cannot be
 done, then I need a different server solution.

 Cheers,
 Steve