www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From TTSG <t...@ttsg.com>
Subject Re: general/1376: Server stops servicing requests when log disk is full
Date Sun, 09 Nov 1997 14:40:33 GMT

> Synopsis: Server stops servicing requests when log disk is full
>
> State-Changed-From-To: feedback-closed
> State-Changed-By: dgaudet
> State-Changed-When: Sun Nov  9 01:14:32 PST 1997
> State-Changed-Why:
> Error caused by external program blocking and not reading
> its input.  Note even the new 1.3 code for reliable piped
> logging can't work around this -- the logger has to read
> its input religiously.
>
> Dean

	Ok, just to get this straight.............

	When the external program "blocks", Apache will stop servicing
requests, right?  Your not just saying that the external program is
causing logging problems, which I care less about. Your saying that by the
logging program not reading its input, it causes Apache to stop serving
pages. Yes or no?

			Thanks, Tuc/TTSG