www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From TTSG <t...@ttsg.com>
Subject Re: general/1376: Server stops servicing requests when log disk is full
Date Sun, 09 Nov 1997 02:22:29 GMT

> Synopsis: Server stops servicing requests when log disk is full
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
> State-Changed-By: dgaudet
> State-Changed-When: Sat Nov  8 14:24:14 PST 1997
> State-Changed-Why:
> I can't reproduce this with a 1.3 server, and I doubt there
> were any related changes between 1.2 and 1.3.  You'll have to
> do a bit more digging for us.  My suspicion is that you've got
> a CGI which doesn't like having the disk full, and the CGI
> is causing problems.  If you can get back to a disk full
> situation and get the server into this problem then what
> would be nice is:
>
> - ps -auxww | grep httpd
> - run ktrace against a few of the httpd children to see what
>   they're doing
> - see if you've got any CGIs hanging around
>
> Thanks
> Dean

Dean,

	I can reproduce it on a Linux 2.0.30 (I don't have a BSDI to knock
around) .  The problem I have is that no disk space left to to save any
information.  I was not running ANY cgi's. I ran ZeusBench against the
/index.html page until the disk was TOTALLY full.

	In addition, I am running the following line :

TransferLog "|/usr/local/bin/cronolog /usr/local/etc/httpd/logs/%Y%m%d/access.log"

Cronolog was written by Andrew Ford <andrew@icarus.demon.co.uk> available at
http://www.nhbs.co.uk/aford/resources/apache/cronolog/ . I'm CCing him incase
he can shed some light. (Andrew, quickly, once the disk fills up, the server
accepts the connection, accepts the request, then quickly closes the socket).

			Thanks, Tuc/TTSG