www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Simon Wilkinson <...@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Subject config/1382: Allowing HostnameLookups commands in .htaccess files
Date Fri, 07 Nov 1997 18:09:39 GMT

>Number:         1382
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Allowing HostnameLookups commands in .htaccess files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When the main site server is running with HostnameLookups Off, it is useful
to be able to turn them on for access restrictions in .htaccess files.

I'm running a test server with this functionality added - is there a reason
why it isn't in the Apache code, or would you like the patch?
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Adding |OR_AUTHCFG to the list of flags in the HostNameLookup declaration in
http_core.c seems to add the functionality