www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Qiang "Ching" Wan <qiang...@hotmail.com>
Subject mod_dir/1381: File name display field is too short (23).
Date Fri, 07 Nov 1997 17:39:53 GMT

>Number:         1381
>Category:       mod_dir
>Synopsis:       File name display field is too short (23).
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The mod_dir has a hardcoded limit of 23 characters for displaying file names.
This is way too short for many of the files we are dealing with.
I modified the server so that a configuration parameter can be placed in
httpd.conf as:
FileNameLength <value>
and this has worked fine for me.  This involves changing about 28 lines of code
in 4 files.  I'd like to contribute this if you are interested.  I have
#ifdef/$ifndef'ed the changes so it is easy to recognize the lines I put in.
If you could give me an e-mail address, I can attach a tar file with all the
changes.
I'll try your beta 1.3 when I have a chance.  Take care and have a great day.

Qiang "Ching" Wan
qiangwan@hotmail.com
>How-To-Repeat:
the feature is hardcoded in mod_dir.c