www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Kirchen Karl <100625, ...@hyperreal.org>
Subject mod_proxy/1364: cache filenames with wrong characters ":" in the proxy modul - see also bug #1315
Date Wed, 05 Nov 1997 15:58:20 GMT

>Number:         1364
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       cache filenames with wrong characters ":" in the proxy modul - see also
bug #1315
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When using apache 1.3b2 on Windows Nt there is a problem in the proxy modul as
well as in the access control modul looking for the htaccess file.

The bug #1315 can be surroundet by doing a fix in directory main module util.c.
there the filename / Path includes ":" . this is forbidden in NT. therefore we added a loop,
changing all ":" accept the first one from the drive letter to "_".
in the conf file we also changed then ".htaccess" to "htaccess"
nevertheless the same problem occurs when apache generated the cachfilenames/ Pathnames. here
also ":" are used eg. "proxy:http:" . As i can't find aout where the variable are used on
other places , i wasn't able to fix that problem.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I found that the tricky part is that in the proxy-modules (and related) the url and the constant
"proxy:" is used with different meanings - also the variabl "scheme". I think the problem
can be surrounded if the author of the modules - only he knows the dependencies - could add
a little function which converts the komplete url to an OS specific full qualified filename
(for Nt with driveletter ...)
%0