www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/1359: MULTITHREADed code is not portable
Date Wed, 05 Nov 1997 04:52:53 GMT
Synopsis: MULTITHREADed code is not portable

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Tue Nov  4 20:52:53 PST 1997
State-Changed-Why:
The 1.3 threading code is an unfortunate mess in some regards.
Threading wasn't supposed to come into play until 2.0, but
Windows forced the issue because it is limited.  In theory,
most platforms (including Windows) could be done using
pthreads, but I wouldn't trust Windows that far.  The
model will be extended, likely with a good bit of redesign,
in 2.0.

There are currently no plans for such things in 1.3, and it
is getting a bit late for such changes in 1.3, but... we are
always willing to listen.  Best thing, if you can handle the volume,
is to join the development mailing list and raise the idea
for comment.  See the reference to the new-httpd list in
the ABOUT_APACHE file.