www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: suexec/1346: questionable user promotion
Date Sat, 01 Nov 1997 21:22:01 GMT
Synopsis: questionable user promotion

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Sat Nov  1 13:22:00 PST 1997
State-Changed-Why:
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying
to say.

The user things run as is supposed to be determined by
where the file is.  suexec has two ways of doing things: either it
runs them as the user if it is a ~userdir request or it
runs them as the User specified in the VirtualHost if
it is a VirtualHost.  If not, it does nothing.

I'm afraid you will have to explain your problem more.  suexec
has a specific security model for specific reasons; while
you may want it to work a different way for your needs,
that doesn't mean anything is wrong with the way it works.