www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Michael Ballbach <ballb...@lorien.ml.org>
Subject Re: general/1253: Virutal hosting problem
Date Tue, 21 Oct 1997 06:08:14 GMT
I stopped using apache 1.3a2, but when I was running it, yes, none of my
named virtual hosts were working, the first virtual host declared was the
only page that would ever show up. For instance, the first virtual host I
declare is inside.lorien.ml.org, well, if I go to inside.lorien.ml.org, it
works, if I go to lorien.ml.org, it goes to inside.lorien.ml.org, ballbach
goes to inside, etc... So, it seems to me that the server is resolving the
virtual host domain, and if the ip is the same as the domain name passed
to the server by the browser (probably in a domain name form, but the
server resolves it) then it uses that virtual host. If that's true, the
first virtual host would always be used. Marc Slemko and I corresponded
quite a bit on this topic, and in one of his later letters, he reproduced
the problem, so it doesn't seem to be dependent on my system.

Once again, thanks for working with me on this, and thanks for the
wonderful web server you guys produce. :)

On 21 Oct 1997 dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

> Synopsis: Virutal hosting problem
>
> State-Changed-From-To: analyzed-feedback
> State-Changed-By: dgaudet
> State-Changed-When: Mon Oct 20 23:02:03 PDT 1997
> State-Changed-Why:
> Are you saying that you cannot reach ballbach.lorien.ml.org ?
>
> What URLs exactly are not behaving as you expect?
>
> Dean

Michael A. Ballbach: N0ZTQ, yeh-zehn.
        ballbach@lorien.ml.org    <--- PGP Key Here. (finger)
        mikeb@vr1.com
        http://ballbach.lorien.ml.org/

"I don't know how world war three will be fought, but world war four will
        be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein.