www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dave Pifke <dpi...@slip.net>
Subject Re: config/1226: Apache seems to "forget" about DocumentRoot for VirtualHosts.
Date Sat, 18 Oct 1997 21:17:34 GMT
On 18 Oct 1997 Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org wrote:

> Synopsis: Apache seems to "forget" about DocumentRoot for VirtualHosts.
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
> State-Changed-By: Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org
> State-Changed-When: Sat Oct 18 04:59:37 PDT 1997
> State-Changed-Why:
>
> Please give more details about your configuration...
>
> Are you using ip-based virtual hosts or name-based virtual hosts
> or do you mix both in your config? In what order?

We're using a mixture of both, with the IP-less virtual hosts first in the
file, followed by the IP-based virtual hosts.  There are about 100 site
that resolve to the same IP as the server (web.slip.net), and now about
2400 that have their own IP address.  The latter group are specified with
IP address (not FQDN) in the config file.

--
Dave Pifke, dpifke@slip.net
Sr. System Administrator, Slip.Net