www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-aix/1317: Proxy Module - File/directory name on AIX 1.X cannot be "@" (fwd)
Date Sun, 26 Oct 1997 20:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-aix/1317; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: os-aix/1317: Proxy Module - File/directory name on AIX 1.X cannot be "@"
 (fwd)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 12:31:38 -0800 (PST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 15:21:44 -0500
 From: "David W. Schuler" <schuld@btv.ibm.com>
 To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
 Subject: Re: os-aix/1317: Proxy Module - File/directory name on AIX 1.X cannot be "@"

 Dean:

 The patch you mention below is prefectly adequate to distinguish AIX 1.X from
 the other releases of AIX.  This type of check is used in a lot of software
 and has never given anyone a problem.  I'd go with it, and not try to do anything
 more fancy.  The chances of screwing things up are increased if we try to be more
 clever.

 Dave Schuler
 schuld@btv.ibm.com