www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Fieber <jfie...@indiana.edu>
Subject mod_log-any/1320: %t indicates when the request finished, not started.
Date Sat, 25 Oct 1997 01:50:12 GMT

>Number:         1320
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       %t indicates when the request finished, not started.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The %t directive for the custom log format reports when the request
is finished rather than when it started.  Whether or not this is
as bug is certainly debatable, but for a project I'm working on, recording
the start of the transaction is important.  (Specifically, I have
apache set up as a proxy to monitor traffic at the client end of a
surfish session, as part of some web site usability testing.)

I've included a patch to mod_log_custom.c that provides the behavior
I need.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
*** src/mod_log_config.c.orig   Fri Oct 24 20:25:45 1997
--- src/mod_log_config.c        Fri Oct 24 20:25:55 1997
***************
*** 302,307 ****
--- 302,311 ----

      t = get_gmtoff(&timz);

+     /* The above reports the time the request finishes, not when
+        it starts.  Adjust t here for the start time. */
+     t = localtime(&(r->request_time));
+
      if (a && *a) /* Custom format */
        strftime(tstr, MAX_STRING_LEN, a, t);
      else { /* CLF format */