www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Андрей Чернов <a...@nagual.pp.ru>
Subject Re: general/1305: Apache is *very* unprotected against characters with 8bit set
Date Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1305; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/1305: Apache is *very* unprotected against characters with 8bit set
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 20:51:57 +0400 (MSD)

 On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

 > > > Any ANSI compiler worth its salt has an option for unsigned chars, gcc
 > > > included (-funsigned-char).  Does your patch have other things in it?

 I just test Apache running with -funsigned-char and it works well.
 So, please consider to make it default option for gcc or just add
 following patch if you aren't sure for all platforms:

 *** src/Configure.bak	Thu Oct 16 22:56:55 1997
 --- src/Configure	Thu Oct 23 20:06:21 1997
 ***************
 *** 306,317 ****
 --- 306,319 ----
   	;;