www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Андрей Чернов <a...@nagual.pp.ru>
Subject Re: config/1304: Main server broken by first VirtualHost found (with workaround)
Date Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/1304; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/1304: Main server broken by first VirtualHost found (with workaround)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 13:47:44 +0400 (MSD)

 On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

 > I'm having trouble reproducing this.  Here's the config I'm using.  Tell me
 > how it differs from yours.
 >
 > ServerName abc

 It must be exiten DNS name of this host not equal to main DNS name for
 this host. F.e. if your host main name is host.com,

 ServerName www.host.com

 > <VirtualHost 1.1.1.1>

 It must be not IP number but another existen DNS name of this host.
 I.e.
 <VirtuanHost host.com>

 > ServerName def

 The same here, ServerName host.com

 > </VirtualHost>
 >
 > <Location /server-info>
 > SetHandler server-info
 > </Location>

 Now just access http://www.host.com/server-info
 you'll see Hostname/port as host.com:<port>,
 moreover, all directives like TransferLog, etc. and redirects (like
 mod_speling) use host.com instead of www.host.com now.

 I can send you my complete config file, it this not help.

 --
 Andrey A. Chernov
 <ache@nietzsche.net>