www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject RE: mod_cgi/1292: post method randomly works
Date Wed, 22 Oct 1997 17:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_cgi/1292; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Lee Pollington <lee@cursci.co.uk>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org, Jon Marsden <jonm@cursci.co.uk>,
  Chris Livermore <chrisl@cursci.co.uk>
Subject: RE: mod_cgi/1292: post method randomly works
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:28:47 -0700 (PDT)

 If you can supply us with a full packet tcpdump of the entire session
 between the client and server then we can study it and decide if it's a
 browser bug, and if so figure out if we can work around it.  If turning
 off keepalive didn't help you then this is likely a different bug.
 (Although it gets tiring working around client bugs ...)

 Do this:

     tcpdump -s 1514 -w dumpfile tcp port 80 and host client.ip.addr

 on the webserver as root, and then launch navigator on the client, and
 cause the bug to occur.  Then quit navigator on the client.  Then hit ^C
 on the tcpdump session.

 gzip the dumpfile and if it's small (<100k) then mail it to us.  If it's
 large then put it somewhere and send us the URL.

 Note that passwords and such sent from the client will be captured in
 this, so use non-sensitive data.

 Dean