www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From dgau...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: protocol/1237: Server fails to respond to submit request for a form.
Date Wed, 22 Oct 1997 01:11:02 GMT
Synopsis: Server fails to respond to submit request for a form.

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Tue Oct 21 18:11:01 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
This is probably related to PR#1142 <http://bugs.apache.org/index/full/1142>.
It is a browser bug, not an apache bug (I analysed the network
traffic).  The only "workaround" known so far is to disable
keep-alive... but that's not a good idea in general.

Try disabling keep-alive, see how that affects things.

I'm really busy at the moment, but if you want to collect tcpdumps
I can try to get a chance to look at them.  I'll need full packet
contents... so something like this:

    tcpdump -w dumpfile -s 1514 tcp port 80 and host addr.of.client

run that on the server before the client makes any requests.
Then reproduce the problem with the client (let all timeouts
happen).  Then hit ^C, and gzip the dumpfile... if it's not
too large (i.e. less than 100k) then send it to us in email.
Otherwise stuff it somewhere and send us the URL.

Dean