www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Timothy J Luoma <luomat+apa...@luomat.peak.org>
Subject Re: config/1250: tcpd-wrapper support; use /etc/hosts.(allow|deny)
Date Wed, 22 Oct 1997 01:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/1250; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Timothy J Luoma <luomat+apache@luomat.peak.org>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/1250: tcpd-wrapper support; use /etc/hosts.(allow|deny)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 97 21:07:54 -0400

 	Author:        Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>

 > You don't need 1.3 to deny access to certain hosts, it just improves the
 > facilities.  Read the documentation for mod_access.

 I've read it....

 Is that a per-directory basis, or can I setup for / and have it for the
 entire site?

 Basically I want to allow connections only from IPs/domains I have
 specifically said to allow.  How do I separate them?  Commas?  Spaces?

 order deny,allow
 deny from all
 allow from domain1.ext domain2.ext

 I'm assuming these are listed in the `.htaccess' file?

 If there are other places in the docs I should look, please feel free to
 suggest... It's been a little crazy here.

 I believe that sshd has compile-time support for tcpd /etc/hosts(deny|allow)
 which would be nice as it would mean only having to maintain one database of
 allow/deny hosts.

 TjL