www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: config/1226: Apache seems to "forget" about DocumentRoot for VirtualHosts.
Date Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/1226; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Dave Pifke <dpifke@slip.net>
Cc: Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org, apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/1226: Apache seems to "forget" about DocumentRoot for VirtualHosts.
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:10:32 -0700 (PDT)

 So the name-based (IP-less) virtual hosts are specified using DNS names?
 Are there any errors in the error_log?  You can specify them by IP as well
 -- just put the IP on which they're normally supposed to respond... so
 you'll have a whole bunch with the same IP, but that's fine.  The
 <VirtualHost> directive defines what IP address a host exists on.

 We've also rewritten this code in 1.3.

 Dean