www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_usertrack/1278: date format for cookies is not compliant with RFC..causes errors
Date Tue, 21 Oct 1997 07:41:10 GMT
Synopsis: date format for cookies is not compliant with RFC..causes errors

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: rse
State-Changed-When: Tue Oct 21 00:41:09 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
1. the current mod_usertrack (1.2.4 and 1.3b2) only
   creates Cookies according to Netscapes "old" Cookie
   proposal, because the "new" one (RFC 2109) has
   "Max-Age" instead of "Expires".

2. While Netscape says in their proposal under
   http://www.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html)
   the date format is ...DD-MM-YYYY... and this follows
   RFC822, etc.

So, it is not clear what the actual format is, because
RFC822 says ...DD MM YYYY.., the proposal says
...DD-MM-YYYY... and Apache uses ...DD-MM-YY...
But either way Apaches current format is more like Netscapes
one than the one from RFC822. So, when mod_usertrack
should be fixed, then better to DD-MM-YYYY instead of
RFC822's variant, I think. Or even better: mod_usertrack
should use the format of RFC 2109 when it becomes a
valid draft and browsers support it.

Or I'm totally wrong here? Correct me please.