www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From M.D.Parker <m...@netcom.com>
Subject general/1293: "server seems buzy" message -- Needs more Information
Date Tue, 21 Oct 1997 00:57:08 GMT

>Number:         1293
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       "server seems buzy" message -- Needs more Information
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
First, I am quite happy with the new arrangement in spawning of new "servers"
provided in Apache 1.3.

I have been attempting to tune my parameters a bit using the error_log output
of the "server seems busy" messages.  The information points to a number of
different causes and is a bit vague.  With a little change this message
would be far more useful.

It would be VERY helpful if the error message indicated: (1) # active servers,
(2) # idle servers at the time the message is generated.  Thus one could more
easily determine if my Max or Min spare servers need adjustment and by
how much.
>How-To-Repeat:
N/A
>Fix:
Put more information into the error log message (in main/http_main.c?%2