www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steve Schall <st...@wwcd.com>
Subject os-solaris/1273: Monitoring system showed system down!
Date Mon, 20 Oct 1997 16:19:07 GMT

>Number:         1273
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       Monitoring system showed system down!
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Strange thing happened last night.
I put the 1.3b2 on our test system about 11:pm. Sparc 5 w/32 megs ram

All seemed well until about 4:am when my beeper went off
telling me the test system was down. At that time it showed the
www was out so I tried to get into the web page and it let me in.
But the monitoring system was not able to get back in.
So I put 1.2.3 back on and all was well.

Running solaris 2.5.1
Monitoring with WhatsUp from    ipswitch company

Thanks

Steve
>How-To-Repeat:
No idea.