www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/1247: Main server configuration & VirtualHosts are botched (fwd)
Date Sun, 19 Oct 1997 06:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1247; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/1247: Main server configuration & VirtualHosts are botched (fwd)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 00:34:15 -0600 (MDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 23:27:51 -0700 (PDT)
 From: JDC <yoshi@parodius.com>
 To: marc@hyperreal.org
 Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, marc@apache.org, yoshi@parodius.com
 Subject: Re: general/1247: Main server configuration & VirtualHosts are botched

 > Synopsis: Main server configuration & VirtualHosts are botched
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
 > State-Changed-By: marc
 > State-Changed-When: Sat Oct 18 22:57:34 PDT 1997
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > It is quite unfortunate that you do not find pleasure in
 > using Apache.
 >
 > Did Ken's NameVirtualHost suggestion help?  You just need
 > one for each IP you want to be considered for name-based
 > vhost matching, not one before each VirtualHost section
 > as he implied.

 	I've tried this implementation as well, placing lines
 	suc has the following into the httpd.conf:

 	<VirtualHost virtualhost.parodius.com>
 	NameVirtualHost 206.190.135.249:80
 	User user
 	Group group
 	ServerName virtualhost.parodius.com
 	</VirtualHost>

 	This results in the VirtualHost's working, but the main
 	server configuration not working -- the main server
 	then goes to the first <VirtualHost> defined, despite
 	not containing the same name (but the same IP).

 > Where are you testing this from?  If your client is running
 > on the same box as the server, there are known issues.  Try
 > a client running on a seperate machine.

 	My Client is Netscape Communicator 4.03 for Windows 95.
 	It is running on my Windows 95 box, on a network com-
 	pletly outside of where the server is.

 	Again, this is not the problem -- once I reverted back
 	to 1.3a1 or 1.2.4, the problem went away.

 --
 | Jeremy Chadwick                                        yoshi@parodius.com |
 | System/Network/Security Administrator                  yoshi@dnc.net      |